Etikett: acquire

FrieslandCampina finalizes second acquisition in the USA

The Dutch Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., a global dairy company, acquires the activities of Best Cheese Corporation USA., importer and vendor of specialty cheeses in the United States. Together with the acquisition of Jana Foods, announced earlier this month, this agreement will further strengthen FrieslandCampina’s position on the American consumer market.

FrieslandCampina acquires cheese importer Jana Foods in the United States

The Dutch Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., a global dairy company, announces the acquisition of US based importer and distributor Jana Foods.

Jana Foods imports and markets FrieslandCampina’s Dutch cheese in the United States, along with other fine cheeses from the UK, Denmark, Australia, Ireland and other countries. The company has been an important strategic partner of FrieslandCampina in the United States for many years.

Bel acquires MOM

The Bel Group and the MOM Group’s management team on October 20, 2016 signed an agreement with LBO France to acquire the MOM Group. Under the agreement, Bel will become MOM’s majority shareholder with 65% of ordinary shares, while MOM’s management will hold the remaining 35% of ordinary shares. The management team that has led MOM’s development will remain a shareholder. Michel Larroche will continue as MOM’s CEO.

Read more

Bel Group in Exclusive Talks For Majority Stake in France’s MOM Group

The Bel Group and MOM Group’s management team on July 29, 2016 agreed in writing to undertake exclusive negotiations with LBO France to acquire the MOM Group. Under the proposed deal, the Bel Group would take a majority interest in MOM, with MOM’s current management remaining as a shareholder.

With brands The Laughing Cow®, Kiri®, Mini Babybel®, Leerdammer®, and Boursin®, Bel is the world leader in single-serving cheese portions, delivering consumer products that are synonymous with quality, convenience and healthy eating pleasure. For over 150 years, the Bel Group has built on its industrial knowhow, its daring marketing campaigns and its range of unique products to grow internationally, today selling its brands in nearly 130 countries.

The MOM Group, majority owned by LBO France since 2010, has achieved unequalled business growth in France and the United States. While building on its historical Materne® and Mont Blanc® brands sold in France, the MOM Group created the fruit squeezers category and developed strong leadership positions with its Pom’Potes® and GoGosqueeZ® brands in both France and the United States. Over the past five years, MOM has doubled in size, achieving sales of €362 million in 2015. The company employs 1,300 people and owns four production sites, including two in France and two in the United States. It aims to use its industrial knowhow and capacity for innovation to gain international leadership positions through its brands.